Saturday, November 12, 2011

Anthro Inspired

One of my favorite stores is Anthropologie 
No surprise there, if you've ever been to one then you probably love it too
its hard not fall in love :) 

However we are young married college students and cant 
really afford my obsession.... 
SOOOO i use Anthropologie as my inspiration

EXAMPLE #1

This little beauty has been a huge inspiration to me
i LOVE mirrors 
(I blame my mother, if you have ever been to our house we have at least one mirror in every room)
for starters this mirror collage is where I got the inspiration for our reception backdrop (pictures coming soon)
I also wanted it in my our apartment
unfortunately to buy it from Anthropologie would cost me about $700

 so... I did what I do best and made it my self


 I think it turned out pretty awesome! I got all the mirrors from antique stores and they were originally used for our wedding back drop.

So mine is a little smaller (4 mirrors as opposed to 7) but I still believe I saved about $300

Have you ever tried to take pictures of mirrors? its hard!


EXAMPLE #2
This awesome book wreath isn't actually sold at Anthropologie but it does have an Anthro look to it 

I love it! I made a bunch of them this summer for a vintage craft fair My mom and I sold things at and they were a huge hit

They are kind of hard to travel with so I decided to make a new one when we got to Rexburg

Moral of the story:
If something is out of your price range don't be discouraged just find a way to make it for cheaper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment