Saturday, June 2, 2012

How did i get so lucky?

I find that I ask myself this a lot more lately.
I really lucked out with an awesome Husband that puts up with my craziness and random ideas! 

Not only does he put up with it but he is always right there helping make my ideas reality! 

My parents were in town visiting last weekend for memorial day (check back later for that post!) 

There is this really awesome building here in Rexburg that me and my roommates took pictures in front of a few years ago...





















Well i think that the building is really neat, its old and this really pretty teal color, so you can see why I was so sad when I noticed a few weeks ago that they were going to take it down.

K back to my parents, There is no one I know that loves to take pictures more then my mom :) so I knew she would be on my side and help me convince Brian to take pictures by the building! 

Unfortunately after engagements and wedding pictures Brian is pretty worn out in the picture business... But like i said in the beginning, he's a trooper. 


Little did we know that this awesome building was located in front of an awesome old shed that had fallen down. 
The minute we saw the shed though we both agreed we needed the old wood for some thing! 

We left without the wood, I was thinking that Brian would go back in a few days after my parents left and get the wood

As soon as we got home tought brian said he wanted to go back and get it. So him and my dad grabbed some hammers and headed back over

The wood was awesome and We both agreed it would look so cool as a headboard

Now let me explain....
I have wanted a head board from the minute we moved into our apartment, I just couldn't decide on what kind, There are so many out there! 

Brian took the initiative and went to work the next day. 

Here it is! 






So what do you think??? 

We didn't have to do anything to the wood, mother nature did all distressing it needed! :)

Sorry for such a long post! 




7 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! I love it. Can you come down to AZ and make me one? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the headboard. SO SO SO cute ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! I'm so jealous! Also, your roommate are hott-IES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Jonathan made me a headboard too just like that! except it wasn't wood it was fabric, but I really like the old distressed wood look. very vintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kev and I are looking at this together! We love the headboard- it's beautiful and very original. We'd love to see more posts of other DIY stuff you have done lately.Your apartment looks so cute and cozy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!!! You can never pass up old wood like that! Good workers! Take advantage of Brian...he is talented. Lvoe you guys, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this x10!!!! :) Ahhh, my hubby is a handy man too, I need him to make me one :)

    ReplyDelete