Sunday, January 8, 2012

Homemade Chinese Food

i LOVE chinese food! 
I have also NEVER attempted to make chinese food. Why make it when you can buy it and you know its going to be 100% better!?

My opinion has changed as of today! Last night I was trying to figure out what to make for Sunday dinner and as I looked in out fridge I got a craving for beef and broccoli, of all things! 

So I attempted to make it today! 
no this isn't a picture I took its from here

How do food bloggers have enough self control to take pictures of their food! seriously! By the time I'm done making something photo worth I'm so hungry I totally forget to take a picture until after its gone! thanks to me and the Hubs! 

ANY ways here is the recipe! its SUPER simple and you probably have all the ingredients in your house already! So if you like to order beef and broccoli at your favorite chinese restaurant, try this one at home! 

The best Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry adapted from here
3 tbs corn starch
1/2 c water
2 tbs water
1 lbs beef (I used stir fry meat that was already cut up)
2 tbs olive oil
4 cups broccoli florets 
1/2 small onion
1/3 c soy sauce
2 tbs brown sugar
hot cooked rice

  1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth. Add beef and toss. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice.



1 comment: